RS PRO Red 10 mm² Tri-rated Cable, 8 AWG, 72/0.4 mm, 100m, PVC Insulation
Copied to Clipboard
|Sub Cat 1
|Electrical & Lightning
|Sub Cat 2
|Wire & Cable
|Standard Lead time of this Product is 2-3 weeks
RS Pro Tri Rated Cable
From RS Pro a high quality Tri Rated cable with a 1 m length and colour coding recognised under the European Harmonised designation (HAR) codes H05V2-K and H07V2-K
What is Tri Rated Cable?
Tri Rated cable is also known as BS6231 cable, panel wire or switchgear cable. This cable is a single core class 5 flexible cable to BS EN 60228:2005. This means that the conductor is flexible with a core that is formed by a number of thin wires, which, in this case, are made from plain stranded copper. The core is surrounded by a HR PVC (Heat Resistant PVC) insulation. This high temperature, flame retardant cable is commonly used in control switchgear applications including instrumentation panels, motor control centres and motor starters.
What does Tri-Rated Mean?
Tri-Rated cable gets its name from the fact that it meets the specifications of three different standard setting bodies
• The British Standards Institute (BSI). The cable is manufactured to meet BS6231 Type CK
• Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
• Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
This triple rating means this Tri Rated cable can be used in the North American markets as well as the European ones for design flexibility and cost savings
Features and Benefits
This Tri Rated cable with its triple rating of BS6231, UL and CSA means it has the following features;
• A plain copper conductor
• Can operate in temperatures up to 90°C for continuous use or 105°C for a limited period of time
• A voltage rating of 600 / 1000 V
• Class 5 flexibility
• A HR PVC (Heat Resistant PVC) insulation enabling the cable to be used in high temperature applications
What Applications is Tri Rated Cable Used In?
Due to its flexibility and its ability to work in high operating temperatures, this BS6231 Tri-rated cable can be used in a wide range of industries in both switchgear applications and for wiring in other industrial electronic appliances or small electronic devices for a high quality performance. Applications include;
• Electrical cabinets
• Switch control in power switchgear
• Relay and instrumentation panels of power switchgear
• Internal connectors in rectifier equipment
• Motor starters and controllers
• Small electrical devices
• Industrial electrical installations
• Panel building
The number of strands used in the construction of the conductors may vary. The figures quoted are nominal. Cables marginally exceed maximum diameter in BS6231 to meet UL/CSA.
These cables are manufactured to the following national standards, British Standard (BS) BS6231 (UK), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) TEW and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) style 1015, 1028 or 1283 according to cable size (USA) and are marked accordingly.
BS 6231(UK); CSA TEW(Canada); UL